ayachan91

Aya M. Productions

This is the Booklikes profile to my blog AYA M. Productions.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a bookseller, post graduate job seeker, avid reader, and a blogger. :)

Book Review: On the Record by K.A. Linde

On the Record - K.A. Linde

Note: This is the review for the second book in the Record trilogy by K.A. Linde. You may find my review of the first book, Off the Record, here.

To be honest, I was a bit worried about reading On the Record by K.A. Linde. I didn’t love Off the Record, the first book in the trilogy. I thought it was only okay. & That was mainly because of the main character, Liz. So when I saw On the Record was on sale for the Kindle book, I figured why not and gave it a try. THANK GOODNESS! I honestly thought On the Record was way better than Off the Record. Yes, the main character was a bit annoying with her constant thoughts about Brady Maxwell, but she didn’t annoy me so much. I think she really seemed a bit more mature in this book, which I was so thankful for.

What K.A. Linde did really well was hooking the reader in. I think, I was constantly waiting for a moment, any moment to happen between Liz and Brady. Considering that this book was over the span of approximately a year and a half, the two main characters – the main couple – hardly interacted at all. I think you can count the number of times they actually spoke to each other on your fingers. It was such SWEET AGONY! Well done, K.A. Linde. Well done. You definitely kept me involved in the story.

Liz may have annoyed me in the first book, but it was all about the secondary characters that annoyed me this time around. I did not like Hayden, Liz’s boyfriend in much of the book, at all! He seemed like an okay guy in the first book, but I did not like him in the second. & I hate Calleigh Hollingsworth, Hayden’s ex and coworker, even more. Talk about spiteful.

On the Record does end on a good note. It’s not really a cliffhanger, but it definitely left me craving for the last book in the trilogy For the Record. I’m glad I waited. I only have a few more days until For the Record comes out. YAY!

Ultimately, what I’ve learned is that apparently you can’t always judge a series by the first book. If you’re on the fence about whether or not you liked the first book, I say give the second book a shot. Maybe you’ll get lucky like I did here. :)

All in all, I LOVED On the Record by K.A. Linde. I read it in a single evening. It definitely did not suffer from that second book syndrome a lot of trilogies suffer with. For me, it was better than the first. K.A. Linde apparently has a way of stringing along the reader without losing the reader. I’m telling you it was agonizing but so good. So so good.

I know elections are over and all, but if you’re in a political mood and like new adult, I highly suggest picking up K.A. Linde’s Record series and giving it a try. I’d vote for Brady Maxwell. ;)

Source: http://ayamproductions.com/2014/11/on-the-record