ayachan91

Aya M. Productions

This is the Booklikes profile to my blog AYA M. Productions.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a bookseller, post graduate job seeker, avid reader, and a blogger. :)

Review: Dare to Take by Carly Phillips

Dare to Take (Dare to Love Book 6) - Carly Phillips

Note: I received this book for free from Sullivan & Partners in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. I was not paid to write this. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Carly Phillips has a way with contemporary romance. I’ve only read a small selection of her novels, but every one I’ve read thus far has been entertaining with fun stories. Dare to Take is no exception. It’s the first book of the Dare to Love series that I’ve read, and I already know I’m planning on reading more. The chemistry between Ella and Tyler was fantastically written, and it was fun reading their story.

Dare to Take follows the story of Ella and Tyler. Ella and Tyler have history, with a night together gone wrong. Despite the awkwardness between them years later, at the request of Tyler’s sister and Ella’s best friend, he ventures off to rescue her after Ella has been mugged, injured, and left on a tropical island with a coming hurricane threat. Once they’re back home, they deal with their budding relationship, family issues, and an unknown threat against Ella.

The best part of Dare to Take was by far the chemistry between Ella and Tyler and how well they fit together. From the first couple of chapters, I knew they had great chemistry despite their history, and I enjoyed watching them overcome their issues independently and together. There were no large outside influences. Ella and Tyler settled into their relationship mostly on their own. It truly was fun to read!

If I there was one thing that disappointed me, it was that I found the story to be a bit predictable, especially concerning the threat against Ella. I know this wasn’t meant to be a romantic suspense story, but the whole storyline about someone targeting Ella was anticlimactic for me. I would have enjoyed it more if it was a bit more developed. I felt like it was just there as a reason to push Ella and Tyler together.

Overall, Dare to Take by Carly Phillips was a wonderful, quick contemporary romance read. It’s a fun story you could probably read in an afternoon. (I did!) I’d definitely recommend it to fans of contemporary romance, and truly, I think every contemporary romance fan should try reading at least one Carly Phillips novel. I don’t think she’ll disappoint you.

Source: http://ayamproductions.com/2016/05/dare-to-take