ayachan91

Aya M. Productions

This is the Booklikes profile to my blog AYA M. Productions.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a bookseller, post graduate job seeker, avid reader, and a blogger. :)

Book Review: Falling for the Backup by Toni Aleo

Falling for the Backup (Assassins, #3.5) - Toni Aleo

I received a free ecopy of this book a while back in a giveaway. Although, it’s taken a while for me to get around to reading it, I figured now was as good of a time as any, especially since Toni Aleo is releasing some new reads soon.

Falling for the Backup by Toni Aleo is a novella from the Assassin series, which centers around a hockey team, the Assassins, set in Nashville. Aynslee and Jordan were a cute couple to read about in this novella, but Shea and Ellie from Taking Shots will always be my favorite from this series.

As a novella, I’d give Falling for the Backup 4 stars. There wasn’t much in ways of plot and character growth, which is usually difficult to achieve in a short novella, but the story was still fun and enjoyable. Although Aynslee and Jordan did fall in love in a short period of time, I loved that it wasn’t exactly insta-love that’s been appearing a lot now days. Plus half the fun was seeing Jordan run away. I was kind of frustrated that they failed to talk through their issues. I mean, Jordan had the confidence to at least say he was looking into leaving. So why couldn’t they discuss options?

Overall it was a fun, quick read and enjoyable. There could have been more to the overall plot, but as a novella it was great.

For more book reviews & other book related content, please visit my blog at http://ayamproductions.com

Source: http://ayamproductions.com/2013/10/falling-for-the-backup