ayachan91

Aya M. Productions

This is the Booklikes profile to my blog AYA M. Productions.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a bookseller, post graduate job seeker, avid reader, and a blogger. :)

Book Review: Octavian's Undoing by Airicka Phoenix

Octavian's Undoing - Airicka Phoenix

When I saw Octavian’s Judgement by Airicka Phoenix on Amazon, I thought the synopsis was interesting. A gate keeper to hell falls in love with a human. For the most part the story was very interesting until I got towards the ending.

Due to an oath Octavian, the male protagonist, is unable to be with Riley, the female protagonist. His touch alone harms her. So their relationship development was an interesting one, including attempts to stay away from each other to touching without actually touching.

The ending that came about wasn’t exactly what I had imagined. So I was a bit disappointed. I seriously didn’t think that what happened to Riley in the end would happen. I honestly didn’t like that she changed because of it. There was also an interesting twist, which shed light on a different perspective on angels. Seriously, if angels were to exist, I’d hope they’re not like the angels in this book.

Which brings me to my next point, mystical and paranormal beings go by different names. There’s mermaids and vampires, but they’re not called that or there’s similar creatures called different things with slight differences. I got so confused! Maybe the author should have included a glossary or something…

Meh. Overall, I’d give Octavian’s Undoing 3 stars. It was an interesting concept, and I enjoyed most of it. However, I’m not a fan of the ending, and all the terms for the mystical/paranormal beings confused me.

Source: http://ayamproductions.com/2014/01/octavians-undoing