ayachan91

Aya M. Productions

This is the Booklikes profile to my blog AYA M. Productions.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a bookseller, post graduate job seeker, avid reader, and a blogger. :)

Book Review: No Attachments by Tiffany King

No Attachments - Tiffany King

No Attachments by Tiffany King was a great story. I did have a difficult time getting myself to start reading it. It’s been sitting on my Nook for months. I’m glad I finally read it because it got me fully invested in the story and believing in the characters.

The story is told from two points of view: Ashton’s and Nathan’s, the main characters. This was instrumental, I think, for the story because they both had major secrets, which play greatly into the story. Ultimately, I think Ashton’s secrecy was what made it difficult for me to get into the story. In chapter 1, which is in Ashton’s POV, I had difficulty connecting with Ashton. I knew she had secrets, but I couldn’t really connect with her character and personality. The moment she went to face one of her fears, which led to her second encounter with Nathan, was when I finally felt for her. I knew and believed she was a strong character worth rooting for, and I wanted to know her story and secrets. For some reason, I thought Nathan’s secret was going to be worse based upon the synopsis, like his occupation was going to lead to seriously bad things. I really have no clue why I thought that. Thankfully, I was pleasantly shocked.

One thing that didn’t sit well for me was how the end outcome came about. I can’t specifically state why, but I’ll say that it conflicted with the strength I believed the characters had. I understood the reasoning behind the characters’ actions, but I still don’t think it fit. Particularly, I was disappointed with Nathan.

I loved the epilogue. It was a happy ending, which I love. What I love even more about it is that it still felt like a very realistic view on the outcome. Nothing was overly simplified, and I believe that such an outcome is how people in real life could potentially view the situation Ashton and Nathan found themselves in. I think the author played it out wonderfully.

Overall, I’d give No Attachments by Tiffany King 4 stars. It’s a difficult book to talk about without giving anything away. Generally though, I loved it and had minor issues with the ending. It’s a beautiful story with strong main characters I ended up believing in whole heartedly.

Source: http://ayamproductions.com/2014/01/no-attachments