ayachan91

Aya M. Productions

This is the Booklikes profile to my blog AYA M. Productions.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a bookseller, post graduate job seeker, avid reader, and a blogger. :)

Sustained by Emma Chase

Sustained (The Legal Briefs Series) - Emma Chase

Note: I received an eARC copy of this title in exchange for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I was not paid to write this.

I’ve heard AMAZING things about Emma Chase and her writing and have been meaning to read some of her work. So when the opportunity to read Sustained arrived, I didn’t hesitate at all. I’m so glad I did because I can’t believe I waited so long to read an Emma Chase novel. I LOVED IT! Sustained was a great mixture of romance, humor, and heartfelt moments all from a male point-of-view, which is definitely rare in the romance world. Plus it’s set in a place I called home for two short years – Washington, DC.

Jake a reformed bad boy turned lawyer is one of the best defense attorneys around. However, just because he’s a “reformed bad boy” doesn’t mean he’s a saint, and he prides himself of being a heartless, one night stand kind of guy. After all, he doesn’t need the baggage of a relationship interfering with his growing career. One day, he has a run in with Rory, one of the many children now in Chelsea’s care, and somehow he finds himself becoming more of a family man than the ruthless and heartless guy he’s known for being in and out of the courtroom.

A romance book entirely in the male POV is fairly rare, but I rather enjoyed being in Jake’s mind. It was a refreshing take on a romance book and quite entertaining. Now I have no idea if that is how a male’s mind actually works, but it felt very authentic and true to what a male quite probably is thinking.

The story itself was entertaining and heartfelt. Jake and Chelsea’s relationship has it’s up and downs. Chelsea struggles with the kids. Jake struggles with his career. & The kids are A HOOT! Seriously, six kids of varying ages from toddlers to teenagers are bound to get into some trouble. I absolutely adored the family dynamic in this story and the strong sense of love they have for each other.

All-in-all, I’d highly recommend Sustained by Emma Chase. It’s a story filled with amazing characters, romance, humor, and heartfelt moments all around. The male POV is also a nice change of pace. I know that I’ll be picking up Emma Chase’s other titles’ in the near future. :)

Source: http://ayamproductions.com/2015/08/sustained