ayachan91

Aya M. Productions

This is the Booklikes profile to my blog AYA M. Productions.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a bookseller, post graduate job seeker, avid reader, and a blogger. :)

Review: Furious Rush by S.C. Stephens

Furious Rush - S.C. Stephens

Note: I received this book for free from Sullivan & Partners in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. I was not paid to write this. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

To be honest, I was a bit skeptical going into Furious Rush by S. C. Stephens. I didn’t particularly enjoy her Thoughtless series. After Sullivan & Partners pitched the book to me and after reading the synopsis, I decided to give her newest book a try, and I’m very glad I did. Furious Rush was a contemporary romance that had all the right elements: well-developed characters, an engaging plot, lots of drama, and a bit of intrigue. Furious Rush sucked me in from the first chapter, and it was very difficult to put down.

In the story, Mackenzie Cox has a lot to live up to. It’s her first year as a pro racer, she’s the daughter of a racing legend, and her father’s company, Cox Racing, is on the verge of going under. The pressure and stakes were high. Therefore, getting wrapped up with her rival team/father’s mortal enemy’s newest racer was a bad idea. She couldn’t escape the fact, however, that she raced better with the former street racer Hayden Hayes, and the attraction was undeniable.

Mackenzie and Hayden were amazing characters and very well developed. They’re far from perfect but have the greatest intentions even if they instantly judged each other. It was an absolute joy watching them try to fight the attraction, but eventually work together to become better racers. It was very Romeo and Juliet-esque with their sneaking around behind everyone’s backs. So if you like that kind of romance, Furious Rush is definitely up your alley.

I absolutely loved how S. C. Stephens included all of the plot twists and drama into this story. It wasn’t all about seeing Mackenzie and Hayden get together. It was also about saving Cox Racing, figuring out Hayden’s secret, and finding out who was behind the suspicious wrecks during the races. There was so much drama thrown into the story, I absolutely can’t wait to read what’s next!

I’d highly recommend S. C. Stephens’s Furious Rush. I thought it was a fantastic contemporary romance, with quite a bit of variety included in the plot. It was a story I went into not knowing if I’d like it but ended up falling in love with the characters. If you choose to read it, I hope it hooks you in from Chapter 1 as well!

Source: http://ayamproductions.com/2016/08/furious-rush