ayachan91

Aya M. Productions

This is the Booklikes profile to my blog AYA M. Productions.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a bookseller, post graduate job seeker, avid reader, and a blogger. :)

SPOILER ALERT!

Book Review: Love Overdue by Pamela Morsi

Love Overdue - Pamela Morsi

Note: A free e-copy of this book was given to me for my honest review. I was not paid in anyway to write this review.

I truly like the idea of Love Overdue and felt that DJ – the heroine – was similar in personality to me, in the sense that I’m a bit introverted and typically dress in jeans, a T-shirt, and sneakers (my typical college uniform). Unfortunately I can only say that I liked it. I had high hopes, but there were some problems.

Firstly, there are some flashbacks in this book, many of which I think feels out of place. It disrupted the flow of the book for me, which brings me to my second point. The story was pretty slow and dragged out in general. There’s some unnecessary scenes in there that just prolonged the story. Additionally I thought the Wizard of Oz references were unnecessary, cliche, and didn’t add much to the story. Neither did the chapter titles, which are supposed to be book titles or subjects following the Dewy Decimal System. (I loved Dewy though! That dog was adorable and appropriately named!)

What I disliked the most was the ending. *Spoiler Alert* This story really doesn’t show any conflict resolution. You get to the climax, and then it cuts to the epilogue. So I know there’s a happy ending, but don’t know how the characters got there. What happened to Viv and why did she stop? What happened when Scott found out DJ’s secret? Was there a blow out? How the hell do they all end up happy in the end? I mean, I’m super glad that it all worked out, but at the same time I feel cheated of seeing how it all worked out. *End Spoiler*

Regardless of its problems, I still liked it and would give it 3 stars. I probably wouldn’t read it again sadly.

For more, please visit my blog at http://ayamproductions.com.

Source: http://ayamproductions.com/2013/09/love-overdue