ayachan91

Aya M. Productions

This is the Booklikes profile to my blog AYA M. Productions.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a bookseller, post graduate job seeker, avid reader, and a blogger. :)

Book Review: Out of Ashes by Diana Gardin

Out of the Ashes (The Ashes Series) - Diana Gardin

Note: I received a free e-copy of this book from the author for my honest review. I was not paid to write this.

Out of Ashes by Diana Gardin started off strong. I felt for Paige and her story. I even loved Clay. However, as the drama heated up, I think things got out of hand. Plus that ending came out of no where! So in the end, I can say that I liked it for the most part, but I couldn’t love it.

Paige lost her entire family in an accidental house fire. In Out of Ashes, we see her entering back into a regular life with her best friend as her only family. I loved Paige. I could understand her grief and her difficulties. She felt very real to me. Her relationship with Clay did feel a bit rushed. However, I was able to over look it because I truly think Clay and Paige were good for each other.

My lack of disbelief starts when Hannah, Clay’s ex, enters the picture. Her drama and the things she pulled were way over-the-top. I couldn’t imagine no one stepping in or going to the dean for the stunts she was pulling. Plus with the way Clay handled her, he totally walked into that situation. Hannah was obviously crazy. Clay should have seen some of her stunts coming a mile away!

Lastly, that ending came out of no where! I don’t want to delve into details and spoil it, but it was a crazy finish. I can’t comprehend how or why it ended that way. Also just FYI, it does end in a cliffhanger. So there really wasn’t any end resolution to the plot.

Will I read the sequel? Probably. I want to see Paige’s happily ever after. Although there is only so much craziness and over-the-top drama I can take. I’m definitely reaching my limit. Overall, I’d give Out of Ashesby Diana Gardin 3 stars.

Source: http://ayamproductions.com/2014/01/book-review-ashes-diana-gardin