ayachan91

Aya M. Productions

This is the Booklikes profile to my blog AYA M. Productions.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a bookseller, post graduate job seeker, avid reader, and a blogger. :)

Book Review: Undercover with the Hottie by Juli Alexander

Undercover with the Hottie (Investigating the Hottie) - Juli Alexander

Note: I received a free e-copy of this book for my honest review. I was not paid to write this. Additionally, this is the second book in a series. The first book was Investigating the Hottie, and my review can be found here.

Undercover with the Hottie by Juli Alexander picks up a few months after the end of Investigating the Hottie. Readers get to see Amanda, Will, Christie, Nic, and Will’s grandma back on a case, investigating a New Year’s Eve assassination attempt. The stakes are higher, and Amanda and Will must pretend to be twins opposed to girlfriend and boyfriend.

I expected the story to be fun and entertaining, which it definitely delivered. However, the story was overly unrealistic, more so than the first book in my opinion. Amanda exhibited skills, which I can’t logically figure out how she got them. I don’t even understand how Amanda could be on the case at all, if the organization was having difficulties using minors due to parental consent.

Basically, don’t let my frustration with the unrealistic plot keep you from reading Undercover with the Hottieby Juli Alexander. It was a fun, quick read and great if that’s what you’re looking for. I liked it and would give Undercover with the Hottie 3 stars, but it was a bit too unrealistic for my satisfaction and for me to love it.

Source: http://ayamproductions.com/2014/02/undercover-with-the-hottie