ayachan91

Aya M. Productions

This is the Booklikes profile to my blog AYA M. Productions.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a bookseller, post graduate job seeker, avid reader, and a blogger. :)

Book Review: Rock It by Jennifer Chance

Rock It (Rule Breakers #1) - Jennifer Chance

Note: I received a free e-copy of this book for my honest review. I was not paid to write this.

Rock It by Jennifer Chance was a fun, enjoyable read about a junior talent agent, Lacey, that finds herself working for her celebrity crush, Dante. She has been crushing on him for years and has documented his entire career. However, when she ends up on tour with him, the lines between being a professional and that number one fan starts to blur.

I liked Rock It  and would give it 3 stars overall. However, it was quite predictable and easy for me to put down. (i.e. It wasn’t a page-turner that I couldn’t put down.) In particular, the major conflict that Lacey had with her boss was no surprise. I could have guessed that something similar to that would have happened since Lacey was leaving her office unattended during the tour. I was shocked that Lacey didn’t retaliate very quickly. She definitely let her boss walk all over her. She wasn’t as strong of a character as I would have liked for her to become.

Additionally, although I liked Dante, I didn’t feel like I got the depth of personality I expected he would have. He seemed like a guy that wouldn’t let himself love anyone due to his need to distance himself. It seemed like he was struggling with something. Aside from seeing him want to change things professionally though, there really wasn’t much. He was just a nice guy that didn’t really quite trust everyone at first, I guess.

Overall, I liked Rock It by Jennifer Chance and would give it 3 stars. However, I don’t love it. I felt like I needed more from her characters. They fell a bit short. If you read it, let me know what you think.

Source: http://ayamproductions.com/2014/02/rock-it