ayachan91

Aya M. Productions

This is the Booklikes profile to my blog AYA M. Productions.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a bookseller, post graduate job seeker, avid reader, and a blogger. :)

Book Review: Darkside Sun by Jocelyn Adams

Darkside Sun - Jocelyn Adams

Note: I received an eARC from the publisher. This in no way affected my review.

The world Jocelyn Adams create in Darkside Sun was quite interesting. The story started off a bit slow and a bit con suing. Addison, the female protagonist, was completely clueless about why she could see “tears” in her world and odd creatures coming through. Little did she know it’s up to her to either save or destroy the world as she knows it.

Asher, the male protagonist, brings her into the Mortal Machine, a group of immortal beings created to protect their world. Unfortunately for Addison, Asher continuously runs hot and cold. He also holds secrets that could be vital to their success. The Mortal Machine may not be quite what it seems after all.

My favorite part of the Darkside Sun was probably the characters. I fell for Addison and Asher and am rooting for them to succeed. Asher may be all hot and cold, but he believes it’s justified and does it with a good heart. That no touching rule in the Mortal Machine is so frustrating though. There’s also Sofia and Remy. They are great secondary characters and become amazing friends to Addison, which is great especially in the cold hearted Mortal Machine. Remy, in particular, reminds me of home with his pidgin accent.

The story itself was quite interesting. It’s a bit confusing with all the different layers of the shift. I still don’t think I understand it all. Once Addison became a part of the Moral Machine, I thought things got interesting quick and some of the questions started getting answered.

Overall, I’d give Darkside Sun by Jocelyn Adams 4 stars. It was an interesting read. I’m highly anticipating the sequel especially with the way Darkside Sun ended. I really want to know what happens to Addison!

Source: http://ayamproductions.com/2014/03/darkside-sun