ayachan91

Aya M. Productions

This is the Booklikes profile to my blog AYA M. Productions.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a bookseller, post graduate job seeker, avid reader, and a blogger. :)

Book Review: Summer of Yesterday by Gaby Triana

Summer of Yesterday - Gaby Triana

Note: I received an eARC copy of this title in exchange for my honest opinion. This review was in no way affected by this.

I didn’t enjoy Summer of Yesterday by Gaby Triana as much as I hoped I would. I loved that it was set at Disney World. I love all things Disney. Unfortunately though, I had difficulty believing in the time travel aspect and the romantic relationship.

Haley, the main character, finds herself on a trip to Disney World despite her protests. While at Disney World, she finds herself traveling back in time during a seizure. In the past, she meets teenaged Mom and Dad along with a cute boy maned Jason as she struggles to get back to her own time.

I had difficulty believing in the whole time travel idea. I couldn’t imagine it in my head. I don’t even think she knew she was having a seizure. This made the story a bit unbelievable.

Haley also has many issues: dealing with her parents, not believing in love, and her illness. Personally, I don’t think she resolved any of her issues. Yes, she falls in love with Jason, and he’s an amazing guy. (I adored him.) However, it was such an instalove, and they were only together for a few days. So then what? How does that resolve her issues? I honestly have no clue…

The story was fun though. I had some great laughs reading about Haley in the past and trying to get back to her own time. It just really lacked the depth of plot I was hoping for.

Overall, I thought Summer of Yesterday by Gaby Triana was okay. I’d give it 2.5 stars. Honestly though, if you’re interested in reading  it, I’d suggest giving it a try. It just wasn’t quite for me and didn’t meet my expectations.